Chair: Anna Shidlovskaya
Co-Chair: Anna Timchenko
Sport group is a newly formed interest group for women who are interested in sport activities, from individual to team, from outdoor to indoor. As everybody knows, physical exercise is good for the mind, body and spirit. Team sports help teach adolescents accountability, dedication, leadership and other skills. It is clear that sport can help us reach our fitness goals and maintain a healthy life style. Watching the hard work pay off and achieving our goals develops self-confidence. Moreover, achieving a sport goal encourages us to achieve other goals we set. This is a rewarding and exciting learning process. Exercising is a natural way to loosen up and let go of stress. Sport also helps making new friends! When you feel under pressure or stressed, come and join us and play it out.
The following sport activities are being considered:
- Walking is one of the best exercises to build up strength in our legs, a good way to burn calories and benefit our heart.
- Hiking is an exciting outdoor activity providing good fitness, heart exercise and fun!
- Tennis is an excellent team and personal activity for training our muscles and teaching us to be competitive. Plus, it is a lot of fun!
- Fitness (pilates, stretching etc.) is good for improving our body, melting away stress, and giving energy.
- Horse riding is one of the best combinations of physical, mental, and emotional activity.
And more to be proposed by members (for example, yoga, swimming etc.).
We meet weekly for a different sport activity for 1-1.5 hours. Date, time and location may vary depending on the group interest.